If you ask my kids what is their favorite thing about the holidays they will say the food! Of course they are mainly talking about dessert. I make a variety of desserts because my family likes a little bit of everything. I think I got this from my Grandmother because every year she would have a dessert table full of delicious treats for the holidays.
Pies are always popular but mini pies are a big hit. They are great for to go plates and in lunches with your leftovers. They are the perfect size for just a bite if you are stuffed from the main meal and just want a little dessert. I have a recipe for Easy Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites that you will love!
Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 2 Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white mixed with 3 TBS water for egg wash
- 1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cupcake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- Roll out dough on floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll the crust to make the diameter just a bit larger, ½ inch.
- Using a 3 inch circle cutter, cut out your circles. You should get 12 rounds. Push rounds into the sides of the pan. Roll the tops a little to form a top crust. The cups will not come to the top of the cupcake wells.
- Brush the top edge of the dough with the egg wash; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs in one at a time.
- Add pumpkin puree and beat until combined. Add on pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into cups, fill till you are almost at the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the crust edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
These Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites taste even better with homemade whipped cream!
Homemade Whipped Cream
1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
4 TBS. granulated sugar
1 TSP vanilla extract
Chill the bowl of a stand mixer for 30 minutes before you begin! Pour cream and vanilla into the bowl, then add the sugar. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Prep time: 4 min.
Yield: 2 Cups.