I love baking treats for my family. If you feel the same way you definitely want to give these Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes a try. They are delicious! Plus these cupcakes are easy to make.
I don’t necessarily need a reason to bake and neither do my kids. Both Kayla and Savannah can bake just about anything. We like to bake pretty much any time because we all have a sweet tooth! But when special days roll around around I can’t help myself. A delicious treat made with love and care always goes over well with my loved ones. This Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake recipe does not require any hard to find ingredients which is always good. You just might have all these ingredients in your pantry already. This is also a great way to use up strawberries that you catch on sale.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12-14 strawberries, hulled
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ C. Milk
- ¼ C. strawberry greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 C. all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 2 C. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened.
- Cupcake Filling
- 2 TBS. strawberry puree
- 2 TBS. cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- In a food processor, pulse 5 strawberries to make a chunky puree; set aside. Puree the remaining strawberries, set aside.
- Warm butter in microwave for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and stir. Add the milk, yogurt, vanilla and ½ C of the liquid strawberry puree.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, slowly, and stir until smooth, with no lumps. Fold in the strawberry chunks, gently.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for 22 minutes.Make frosting while cupcakes cool completely.
- Remove cupcake centers (½ inch diameter or so) and set aside. Spoon in filling and replace the cupcake tops.
- Frosting Instructions:
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy, add powdered sugar and beat on medium for 3 minutes. Add vanilla. Then add cream cheese.
- To make swirled frosting: Separate frosting into two bowls
- Add any remaining puree to one bowl along with some red or pink food coloring, adding more powdered sugar if the mix becomes too watery.
- Fill one side of a pastry bag fitted with a 3M tip, with the cream cheese frosting, then fill the other side with the pink/flavored frosting.