It is time for the 2nd Annual “Red Gold Simple Gourmet Lasagna Party”. Red Gold and Laura’s Lean Beef are hosting this party that runs from January 13 through February 3 on Facebook. Laura’s Lean Beef is a Kentucky based company that produces lean, natural beef from cattle that are humanely raised without hormones and fed a natural die of grass and grain. And just like Red Gold they are a family run company. Red Gold will be giving away 750 aprons and 6 Gourmet Lasagna Party Prize Pack which includes: a Le Creuset Lasagna pan, Red Gold spatula, Garfield Toy, coupons and an apron. I have been making lasagna for my family for years and I know the first step to making a delicious pan of lasagna is having good base recipe. Red Gold has a great recipe for All In One Lasagna. It is layered together in just minutes with Red Gold tomatoes and three cheeses.
All In One Lasagna
Ingredients 1/2 cup water 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes, or 2 (15 ounce) cans Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning Salt to taste 1 (16 ounce) box traditional lasagna noodles, uncooked 1 (15 ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese 3 cups (16 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with ½ of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9×9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.
- Add 1 pound ground Italian sausage or lean ground beef, cooked and drained, to the tomato mixture of the basic recipe.
- For added color, flavor and nutrition add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and water removed, as another layer after the cheese layers.
- Add both Italian sausage and spinach for great nutritional value and appearance. Use each as a layer in the recipe.
- Add fresh basil to sauce for added color and flavor or sprinkle fresh basil on top as a garnish.
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, as an option to shredded mozzarella cheese.
1 reader will win a Red Gold Lasagna Kit which includes:
- 2-14 oz cans of Red Gold diced tomatoes with Basil Garlic and Oregano
- 1- 28 oz canned Gold crushed tomatoes
- A package of lasagna noodles
- A Laura’s Lean Beef apron
- A coupon for Laura’s Lean beef product
- 6 Simple Gourmet Lasagna recipes