This is pretty much what my friend Shamika said a few days after Christmas. I am always talking about meals that I am throwing in the slow cooker. I decided to surprise her with a slow cooker for Christmas. She is very busy with school, work and two kids so I figured it would be perfect for her. The only problem was she had no idea what to make with it. I told her about a few of my favorite recipes:
- Frozen chicken breast
- cream of mushroom soup
- minute rice
Combine it all in the the slow cooker and you have dinner.
Chicken Soft Tacos
- frozen chicken breast
- taco seasoning
Slow cook on low . Serve with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream
I am always looking for new recipes to try out, so I thought I would share a few here.
- Prevention: Brownies
- Delish: Sweet and Sour Country Ribs
- Recipe Tips: Breakfast Bake
- A Year of Slow Cooking: Apple Crumb Cake
- Taste of Home: Beef in Mushroom Gravy
- Real Mom Kitchen: Mashed Potatoes and Brown Sugar Baby Carrots
- Rachel Ray: Honey Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
- Smitten Kitten: Tangy Spiced Brisket
- Real Simple: Classic Beef Stew
- Kraft’s Kitchen: Roast Beef and Vegetables
- Fix It and Forget It: Loving Lasagna (I bought this book and I love it!)
The slow cooker is a great way to experiment. Sometimes I just add whatever we have in the house and make it work. I like to add chicken or pork chops and put seasoning rub on it. That tastes really good and a fun way to try different flavors.
Do you have a slow cooker? What is your favorite meal to cook in it?