Product was provided for review purposes. This post contains an affiliate link
I really don’t need a reason to bake up some sweet goodness in my house. We all have a sweet tooth so freshly baked treats are always welcome. Taste of Home’s latest cookbook, 365 Days of Cookies will make it much easier.
Taste of Home 365 Days of Cookies has a cookie recipe for every day of the year. I am not kidding. They even have the special days covered:
- Jumbo Brownie Cookies (National Brownie Day, Dec. 8)
- Molasses Cookies with a Kick (Hot and Spicy Food Day, Jan. 16)
- Chocolate Pecan Hedgehog Cookies (Hedgehog Day, Feb. 2)
- Dutch Waffle Cookies (Waffle Day, March 25)
- Root Beer Float Cookies (Root beer Float Day, Aug. 6)
The cookbook starts with tips that cover cooking baking basics, how to store cookies and pointers to solve problems. Every single recipe has a picture. The pictures alone had my daughters and I licking our lips.
This cookbook is broken into five different chapters:
- Cozy Bites: Features cinnamon, ginger, molasses and other heartwarming ingredients.
- Celebrate Spring: Stars sweet honey and tangy fruits
- Summer Fun: Cookies that don’t take up a lot time to prepare. Icebox cookies, no bakes and more.
- Fall Flavors: Includes spice cookies, peanutty classics and cinnamon treats.
- The Most Wonderful Time of Year: Features cute cutouts, peppermint bites and holiday classics.
Each chapter starts with a list of where to find cookie recipes to celebrate special days from New Year’s Eve to Christmas and everything in between. There are even a few recipes labeled “Short and Sweet” because they are easy to prepare and make with convenience items or have no bake directions. I found a lot of classic recipes including some interesting new ones. I have already decided I want to try making Honey-Peanut Butter Cookies, Waffle Iron Cookies and Chocolate-Dipped Anise Biscotti. I think this cookbook is perfect for the holiday season, especially for Holiday Cookie Exchange parties. It will also be handy throughout the rest of the year when you just want to share a little happiness.
One reader will win the Taste of home 365 Days of Cookies Cookbook