There’s nothing worse than waking up on the wrong side of the bed. If you are constantly waking up feeling as if you are drowning in this world and want nothing more than to crawl back in bed, hide under the covers and not come out for another five hours, then you need to learn how to start your day off right. Today I am sharing 7 tips to start your day off right so that you can be certain each day is a new day full of inspiration and energy galore.
- Don’t Hit Snooze – Whatever you do, do not hit that snooze button. This little button is to be thought of as the enemy from now on and not an option. When you choose to wake up upon immediate ring of your alarm clock, your body starts to develop a routine of learning to be awake at the same time every morning without much effort.
- Prepare The Night Before – Choose your outfit for the next day, right down to the shoes. You don’t want to waste time looking for accessories or a piece of clothing in the morning. The less you have to worry about, the less hectic it will be.
- Reflect Upon Grateful Moments – Take time each morning to jot down a few things that you are grateful for. Learn to immediately start your day off right by focusing on positive areas in your life. We can all find something to be grateful for, even if you are simply grateful for waking up to carry on another day.
- Set Daily Goals – Much like creating a to-do list, you should set daily goals to meet each day. This helps your mind focus on forward progression and on solutions versus problems. Learn to create a list of things that must be accomplished, finished or purchase for each day as the day arrives.
- Eat a Good Breakfast – Every good day starts best when you nourish your body and mind. Think about making some diet changes to incorporate some fruits into your morning breakfast routine. Fruits will give you natural energy to hold you through most of the morning hours into lunch time. If it helps, get your breakfast together a night.
- Listen To Music – Create a morning playlist. Something that will get you pumped up and motivated to start your day. I have playlists for different times of day, even carpool.
- Shower and Get Dressed – The longer you wait to get showered and dressed, the less chance you have of enjoying your day. If you truly want to start your day off right, then you need to be certain to get showered and dressed within an hour of wake up to make the most of your morning hours.
There are a lot of little changes you can make to your morning routine that will help ensure you start your day off right. If you start to implement just a few of these tips I shared today, you will find that every passing day gets better as you continually focus on starting your day off right.
What habits do you have that help you start you day off on the right foot?